I am a gadget addicted Bookworm. I love using apps, websites, blogs and social media to post reviews, updates and find out the latest news, but I do often find that I can end up wasting time online.
There is just always another cat video to watch.
I work with computers in my normal 9-5 job, and so I rarley get a tech-free day. BUT, in the last week of August I have Annual Leave from work, so I am going on a Read-Cation.
zooming across the universe, squeezing into other dimensions and between the cracks of magic portals, I am travelling within the pages of books… and leaving technology at home.
“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”JRR TOLKEIN,
My read-cation starts tomorrow -Saturday 24/08/2019 and will last a full week until 31/08/2019 at Midnight. I am really excited but alo slightly afraid I’ll cave into the power of my phone..
“A safe fairyland is untrue to all worlds.”JRR TOLKEIN
Do you want to have your own Read-cation? Here are my top tips to make the most out of your time.
- Turn off all technology. Not only can you then focus on the book, but you will be able relax better . Believe me this is a really hard step.
- Eat healthy snacks. The last thing you want to do is feel lethargic whilst reading. Gather the fruit, nuts and grains, and eat little and often. This will keep your energy up.
- Drink plenty of water
- Take breaks
- Pamper yourself. soak your feet, have a bubble bath,
- Audiobooks will give you time to take a walk or give your eyes a break
- Plan your meals . slow-cookers are amazing for winter/Autumn and salads are good for summer.